on the Ludnikov Island there is a memorial complex. In 1955 a column with
a bronze plate was erected here. You can read such an inscription: “In
November – December 1942 the front line of defence of the 138-th
Division under the command of Colonel Ludnikov was here. It was half-surrounded
by the fascists but heroically defended the territory called “Ludnikov
Island”. Division rejected all enemies attacks and took part in
defeat of the German troops at Stalingrad.
3 brother`s graves are situated. Two of them are in the park. About 1000
soldiers was buried in one of them but there is no information about the
rest ones. The monuments were erected in 1951 and in 1995 they became
third brother`s grave is on the bank of the Volga. People`s guards from
the plant “Barrikadi” are buried here. It is written here:
“Eternal glory to the heroes who fell down in the fights for freedom
and independence of our Motherland”. The monument was constructed
the grave of signallers of the 138-th Division is situated. The monument
was erected in 1952.
is one more monument to the signallers which is called ”Rolic”.
It is written on the memorial plate: “In 1942 on the bank of Volga
4 hero – signalers Vetoshkin, Kusminskiy, Harazia and Kolosovoy
(their call sign was “Rolik”) kept the signal post and retreated
attacks of the enemy for 6 weeks”.
house of director ”Barrikadi”s plant was situated here. A
command headquarter was there during the war. The ruins of the house are
kept untouched. There is a memorial table on of the walls.
in 1975 a marble monument was erected in front of the house with the inscription:
”The command headquarter of the 138-th Division was situated in
January 2008 a 10-m high Orthodox Cross was erected and consecrated on
towers on Ludnikov Island mark the front line of Stalingrad defence.
the full explanation what was going on here in 1942 -1943 a monument with
the plan of defence by 138-th Division was erected.
is one more memorial mark on ludnikov Island in honor of a Komsomol member
Nikolay Petuchov who was a brave scout and killed 20 German invaders.
He was awarded an order of Red Banner fell down on December, 6, 1942.
May 2002 not far from the football club ”Rotor” a park in
honor of soldiers of the 138-th Division was planted.