building of Volgograd Postoffice was constructed in 1955.
there is a hotel “Intourist”, built in a classical style in
1958. It is a monument of architecture.
it one can see a hotel “Volgograd” built in 1890 by a merchant
Voronin. It was called “Capital rooms” and was on 3 floors.
During the war it was ruined and then newly rebuilt in 1955.
the hotel ”Inturist” Drama Theatre is situated, with New Experimental
Theatre in it. It was built by a merchant Repnikov in 1915. At first it
was called Tsaritsin House of arts and science. The library and Tsaritsin
Museum were here. Then Drama Theatre occupied this building. It was ruined
during the war but was rebuilt in 1952. In 1989 New Experimental Theatre
found his seat here.
monument to Alexander Nevsky was erected on February, 24, 2007 in front
of the theatre. A. Nevsky is considered to be a celestial protector of
the hotels ”Volgograd” and ”Intourist” there is
a Brothers grave to the defenders of the city in 1919. A 6 m high obelisk
was constructed on this place. In 1942 about 100 fighters, defenders of
Stalingrad were buried here. And in 1957 a new black-and-red granite 26
m. high obelisk was erected on the grave. Eternal Flame is here since
1963. Since 1966 one can see the change of the guard here. The best schoolboys
and schoolgirls stay here in the guard.
far from Eternal Flame there is an international grave of 3 fighters.
They defended Stalingrad from the fascists: a Spaniard Ibarruri Ruben
Ruis, a Russian pilot Kamenshikov Vladimir Grigorjevich and a Tartar Hafis
the square of the Fallen Fighters you can see a poplar-tree. It is the
only tree left after Stalingrad Battle. That`s why it is covered with
war scars. In 1975 a granite plate was put here. There are such words
on it: “Nature – historical monument. This poplar-tree brought
his life through the great battle”.